I was recently able to jailbreak my iPhone 4s after a long wait. See, I was jailbroken under iOS 5 and there was no jailbreak for iOS 6. So, I just didn’t upgrade. The jailbreak was that important to me. Then, I was forced into restoring my phone. And while I could have restored to 5 with a few extra steps and keep the jailbreak, I decided to do the upgrade and wait for the next jailbreak. Mistake.
3 months later it finally arrived. I was able to get back to a jailbroken phone and I couldn’t be happier. For those who do not know what jailbreaking is, here is the quick and dirty:
iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing the limitations on Apple devices running the iOS operating system through the use of software and hardware exploits – such devices include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second generation Apple TV.
I’ve had numerous questions about why I do it and what does it do for me? Here’s the list…
1. Cydia App Store – This allows me to download the apps and tweaks listed below.
2. Winterboard – This app allows me to make my user interface look cooler than the stock design. I like these kinds of tweaks. Some people could care less.
3. QuickIM – This app allows me to use Gmail Chat just like text messaging. Very handy for me personally.
4. Infiniboard – This tweak gives me the option to scroll through icons vertically in addition to horizontally.
5. SBSettings - This tweak is huge. With a swipe of the finger and get to the settings most important to me.
6. iBlacklist – Pesky phone number or telemarketer ringing your phone? This will handle it.
7. IntelliscreenX – I don’t know how other people exist without this. Get all your important info on your lockscreen. Weather, notification screen, Facebook, Twitter, etc…
8. BiteSMS – The built in text messaging app PALES in comparison. Best feature? Reply to a text from your lock screen.
9. 5 Icon Dock – Hey, it’s nice having an extra space on the dock.
I am sure I could think of more and will find more, but these are the big reasons I do it. Hope this was helpful. I doubt it though. :)