(originally seen at onelifers.com)
We will never hope to make it through life and not have a situation where we have been misunderstood. We are all so very different, and wherever you find difference, you will surely find misunderstanding occasionally. The things we say and do are usually open to other’s interpretation and at times we have to deal with it.
So, what to do when it happens?
1. Keep your cool. Getting emotional will only lead to a bad decision or saying the wrong thing.
2. Look at the situation from the other party’s side.
3. It probably turns out we weren’t very clear to begin with. Start by clarifying your position.
4. Err on the side of kindness, even if you have been wronged or mischaracterized.
5. Leave others and what they have said out of the equation. Only deal with those directly involved.
6. Finally, do all of this with the intentions of a positive ending.